Sports medicine doctors in Frankfort
An active lifestyle is part of the culture in central Kentucky, and when a sports-related injury interrupts that lifestyle, you want a specialist to help get you moving again.
Frankfort Regional Medical Center customizes treatment plans for active people to get back to doing what they love. We offer individualized treatment from a multidisciplinary team of sports medicine specialists, orthopedic surgeons, physical therapists and other medical experts who work together for you.
As a full-service hospital in a convenient location, we're here for you and your family every step of the way, giving you comprehensive services you deserve.
For more information about sports medicine services, call our expert team at (877) 376-2631.
Sports and exercise injuries we treat
From injury prevention to leading-edge treatment, Frankfort Regional evaluates, treats and rehabilitates a range of conditions resulting from sports injuries. Common sports-related pain and injuries include:
- Back pain and spinal injuries
- Hand and upper extremity injuries
- Foot and ankle injuries
Sports injury treatments and services we offer
Frankfort Regional provides physical therapy, nonsurgical and surgical options designed to quickly return you to your full ability and reduce the risk for reinjury. If you need surgery, we take a minimally invasive approach whenever possible, which means smaller incisions, faster healing and less pain.
We offer the follow nonsurgical sports-related injury treatments and services:
- Sports physical therapy and rehabilitation: As a first line of treatment or after surgery to restore strength, movement and endurance. We help you manage pain and prevent further damage with inpatient and outpatient programs at The Rehab Center of Frankfort Regional.
- Pain management therapies: Our pain management therapies include injections, selective nerve root blocks, and nerve stimulation techniques
- Sports injury prevention and safety: Our customized programs help athletes of all skill levels use proper techniques to avoid injury. This includes conditioning training, tips for protecting your shoulder while playing golf or identifying proper footwear while you train for a marathon.
- Sports physicals: We offer medical evaluations to ensure your student athlete is healthy and ready for safe play.
Sports injury surgery
The orthopedic surgeons at Frankfort Regional perform minimally invasive or arthroscopic surgery, which involves small incisions and inserting a lighted tube into the joint. This allows our orthopedic care specialists to diagnose your condition and perform a variety of procedures on ligaments, bones, cartilage or tendons.
Common sports-related surgeries we offer include:
- Cartilage reconstruction
- Elbow tendon repair
- Knee ligament repair and reconstruction
- Joint replacement
- Meniscus surgery
- Rotator cuff shoulder repair
- Tommy John surgery