COVID-19 and Pregnancy - An Update for our Patients
We would like to take this opportunity to update you about your maternity care during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and assure you that our dedicated team of expert nurses, physicians and midwives are committed to providing the safest and most effective care.
Family-centered labor and delivery care in central Kentucky
At Frankfort Regional Medical Center, we know a healthy baby starts with a healthy pregnancy and birth. That's why we offer comprehensive prenatal care, customized labor and delivery services and ongoing postpartum support for both routine and high-risk pregnancies.
Our OB/GYN team in Frankfort will help you create your ideal birth experience with services that meet your medical needs and personal preferences.
Our maternity program includes:
- Maternity classes and education
- High-risk pregnancy care
- Neonatal intensive care
- Natural and low-intervention birth options
- Midwifery care
For more information about our labor and delivery services, you can speak to a registered nurse 24/7 by calling (877) 376-2631.
Our caregivers are committed to providing you a one-of-a-kind birth experience in a supportive, soothing environment. We offer:
- A private, comfortable experience. Our spacious birthing suites allow you to labor your way, with the help of your caregiver or support person. We offer soaking tubs for hydrotherapy, birthing balls and private bathrooms.
- A welcoming, family-friendly setting. With snacks available in our nourishment room and overnight sleeping accommodations for your partner, your family will feel at home throughout labor and delivery.
- A medical team ready for anything. Our team is here for whatever you need, 24/7. We have the latest obstetric technology and resources, including an anesthesiologist and dedicated operating rooms nearby for unplanned or emergency C-sections.
Comprehensive care for your baby's birth
Giving birth is an unforgettable event. We make sure your experience is as joyful as it is safe. Families also choose us because:
- Our team is experienced. On average, we deliver around 800 babies a year. And our knowledgeable caregivers—including obstetricians, gynecologists, anesthesiologists, neonatologists, nurse practitioners and certified nurse midwives—work together to ensure your delivery goes smoothly.
- We're recognized for nursing care. Our obstetric, neonatal and other advanced practice nurses are part of a team recognized for nursing excellence. Frankfort Regional is one of only seven hospitals in Kentucky to earn Magnet® designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. This award, achieved by only eight percent of U.S. hospitals, confirms we meet or exceed national benchmarks related to quality of care and patient outcomes.
- Your preferences matter. You know your body better than anyone, and we trust your instincts. You choose how to experience labor and delivery care. We also welcome and support private doula care.
- You and your baby are safe here. Because unexpected complications can occur during labor and delivery, it's important to choose a birthing center that can handle emergencies at a moment's notice. We offer a Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit for premature or sick newborns and enhanced security measures.
- Continuous care for your whole family. Frankfort Regional offers specialized health services for all your family's needs, from birth to old age. This includes emergency, hospital and specialty care for adults and children.
Birth center tours and classes
You're pregnant and probably have many questions: What are the early signs of labor? How often should I feed my newborn? Do babies sleep on their stomachs or backs? Whether this is your first baby or your fourth, it's normal to feel overwhelmed by conflicting advice from well-meaning family members, neighbors and friends.
At Frankfort Regional, our maternity experts help you learn to trust your instincts and feel confident in becoming a parent. Our maternity classes and birth center tours offer families up-to-date information and advice about pregnancy, childbirth and parenthood.
We want you to familiarize yourself with our birth center before you go into labor. During our guided tour, you'll learn where to check-in on the big day, see our labor and delivery unit up close, peek in the well-baby nursery and have an opportunity to ask questions about your hospital stay.
Our free childbirth classes cover a wide range of topics suitable for first-time parents and parents in need of a refresher and include many weekend and evening options. We offer:
- Childbirth Education: Our comprehensive three-hour class answers your most pressing questions about labor and delivery. Topics include fetal monitoring, medications, anesthesia, C-sections, Kangaroo Care and breastfeeding.
- Breastfeeding Basics: This two-hour class introduces breastfeeding and related topics, such as milk production, latching on and positioning, your diet, pumping, storage, breast care and how to tell if your baby is getting enough milk.
- Baby Basics: If you're feeling unsure about how to care for an infant, you're not alone. During this two-hour class we'll discuss how to feed, comfort and keep your new baby safe.
- That's My Baby Sibling Class: This one-hour class helps prepare children three years old to 12 years old to become a big brother or sister. We'll discuss common safety and emotional issues children often experience when a new baby joins the family and take a tour of the birth center.
Group tours are given at the end of our childbirth education classes. You can schedule a personal tour by calling (502) 226-7790. To save your place in one of our classes, you can register online.