Comprehensive knee replacement program in Frankfort
Joint replacement surgery at a full-service hospital gives you access to innovative services and quality care. At Frankfort Regional Medical Center, we provide patients in central Kentucky with advanced, minimally invasive knee replacement techniques for faster recoveries and less pain—right here, close to home. Our orthopedic care team helps you get back to your active life, as soon as possible.
For more information or to find a specialist, you can speak to a nurse 24/7 by calling (877) 376-2631.
We offer joint replacement education for our patients who plan to undergo surgery. We also provide comprehensive therapy services to ensure you can get back to doing what you love as soon as possible.
Knee replacement surgery
Knee replacement surgery, also referred to as knee arthroplasty, involves resurfacing or capping the ends of bones damaged by arthritis or injury with a prosthetic, or artificial implant. We use the latest advancements and customized implant solutions, which means a better fit, faster recovery and enhanced function.
Types of knee replacement surgery
At Frankfort Regional, we offer two types of knee replacement surgery:
- Total knee replacement: This procedure involves all three bones that form the knee joint. Depending on your weight, size and activity level, the implants will vary.
- Partial knee replacement: When damage is limited to a portion of the knee, our surgeons save healthy tissue and bone through a less invasive procedure. Partial knee replacement is also called knee resurfacing.
Candidates for knee replacement surgery
You may be eligible for knee replacement surgery if you:
- Experience knee pain with activity
- Feel pain even while resting
- Wake up during the night due to knee pain
- Have difficulty sitting, climbing stairs or bending down
- Have tried other treatments, such as diet, exercise and medications, without success