Trauma care in Frankfort, Kentucky
If you have been in an accident or critically injured in Frankfort, Kentucky, trust your care to Frankfort Regional Medical Center. Our specially trained physicians, surgeons and medical professionals in our Level III Trauma Center are prepared to provide you with the critical attention you need.
Our trauma team is available 24/7 to assess and stabilize seriously injured patients. If a higher level of care is needed, we have the resources to immediately transfer you to a Level I or Level II Trauma Center.
If someone is experiencing an emergency, always call 911 first. If you aren't certain about a critical care situation, you can contact a nurse 24/7 by calling (877) 376-2631.
Our trauma care program
At Frankfort Regional, our trauma center includes:
- A Comprehensive program based on national standards of the American College of Surgeons and the American College of Emergency Physicians
- Board-certified emergency medicine and trauma physicians and surgeons
- A community outreach program to help prevent injury for Frankfort residents
- Ongoing staff education program to ensure we provide high-quality care to the community
- Emergency air transportation
- Intensive care unit
We work closely with our emergency medical services (EMS) providers to bring you the highest quality of care. Our EMS partners can rapidly evaluate you, determine the appropriate diagnosis and decide the best place for you to receive continued trauma care. In most cases, the EMS staff and our trauma team are communicating and preparing for your arrival.