Spine specialists in Frankfort
Back and neck pain can be debilitating and make it difficult to live life to the fullest. When pain strikes, the spine doctors at Frankfort Regional Medical Center offer a range of nonsurgical and surgical treatments.
Often, physical therapy and pain medicines are enough to relieve your pain. If surgery is necessary, as with degenerative disc disease or injury, you can trust our Frankfort spine surgeons to recommend the safest, most effective methods to get you moving again.
To schedule an appointment with an orthopedic spine specialist, call (877) 376-2631.
Back and neck conditions we treat
Back or neck pain is often caused by damage from injury, disease, or wear and tear to the spinal bones, muscles, nerves, discs or tendons. Pain can happen in the cervical (neck), thoracic (middle) or lumbar (lower) areas of the spine.
The orthopedic care team at Frankfort Regional use a multispecialty approach to diagnose and care for your condition. We treat a wide range of back and spine conditions, including:
- Bone spurs
- Degenerative disc disease
- Herniated discs
- Scoliosis and kyphosis
- Spinal stenosis and myelopathy
- Spine fractures
- Spine infections
- Spinal tumors
- Sports injuries
Nonsurgical and minimally invasive back and neck treatment
We evaluate your overall health and lifestyle to recommend the safest, simplest and most appropriate treatments. Frankfort Regional offers nonsurgical and minimally invasive therapies, such as:
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation: Our licensed therapists help strengthen and stabilize the core using rehabilitation therapy and pain management techniques, like integrative dry needling.
- Spinal injections: Our image-guided technology delivers medications to relieve pain and reduce inflammation. These medications include epidural steroid injections, facet join injections, sacroiliac joint injections and nerve blocks.
- Nerve stimulation techniques: Using a low-voltage electrical current, transcutaneous nerve stimulation helps to relieve pain.
- Kyphoplasty: Kyphoplasty is a minimally invasive procedure used to treat patients with a spinal compression fracture
Advanced surgical procedures
Our spine surgeons perform spine procedures to stabilize joints, decompress pinched nerves, fuse bones and correct abnormalities. Many patients go home within a day or two. We offer a variety of spine surgeries, including:
- Laminectomy or laminotomy
- Spinal fusion