Shoulder replacement program in central Kentucky
At Frankfort Regional Medical Center, our board-certified orthopedic surgeons are recognized for superior outcomes. Shoulder replacement surgery at our facility offers you access to innovative services and comprehensive care. Our team is committed to getting you back to your active life, as soon as possible.
For more information about our shoulder replacement services, call (877) 376-2631.
Types of shoulder replacement surgery
At Frankfort Regional, we offer several types of shoulder replacement surgeries:
- Total shoulder replacement: For a total shoulder replacement, the ball of the arm bone and socket of the shoulder blade are replaced with artificial pieces.
- Partial shoulder replacement: This procedure involves replacing only the ball part of the joint—typically an option when the shoulder socket is in good condition.
- Reverse shoulder replacement: For a reverse shoulder replacement, the ball and socket are placed in opposite directions—this surgery is performed when tendons in the shoulder are damaged or a fracture makes a total replacement impossible.
- Shoulder replacement revision: This surgery involves repairing issues or unresolved pain resulting from a previous shoulder replacement.
Candidates for shoulder replacement surgery
You should schedule an appointment with one of our orthopedic specialists if you:
- Have shoulder pain or stiffness that interferes with your daily activity
- Cannot move your arms above your head
- Have limited range of motion
- Have tried nonsurgical treatments with no improvement