Senior behavioral health services in Frankfort
When you or a loved one need help for emotional, behavioral or senior mental health issues, Frankfort Regional Medical Center offers short-term treatment for stabilization.
As a premium provider of senior adult mental health care in central Kentucky, we have a proven track record of helping senior adults 55 years old and older cope with the challenges of life. Our multispecialty team leads to successful outcomes in stabilizing crisis situations with effective interventions.
For a free, confidential assessment, you can call us 24/7 at (844) 298-5116.
Your best choice for adult mental health care
Our team includes psychiatrists, physician extenders, hospitalists, a social worker, a recreational therapist, nurses, mental health technicians and dietitians who ensure each individual receives the best possible care and treatment.
We work with you and—with your permission—your loved ones to help stabilize your symptoms, understand your diagnosis and develop a plan tailored specifically to help you manage your illness. Program components include:
- Psychoeducation: Provides information about the causes and effects of a particular mental illness to expand understanding of the condition, reduce feelings of helplessness and increase opportunities for better self-care
- Psychotherapy: Employs evidence-based treatment methods, such as cognitive behavioral, dialectical behavioral, solution-focused, and family and group therapies to enhance your sense of well-being
- Psychopharmacology: Uses medication to assist in the treatment, when appropriate
Behavioral health conditions we treat
Our 12-bed specialty unit serves individuals who are referred to the program for the following conditions:
- Depression with feelings of hopelessness or suicide; inability to care for oneself
- Anxiety causing constant fears, paralyzing worries or panic attacks
- Severe disorientation or memory impairment
- Inability to maintain adequate nutrition, which threatens life or vital body functions
- Threatening thoughts or assaultive behavior toward others
- Unusual or bizarre behavior with illogical thoughts/beliefs
- Emotional issues with co-occuring substance abuse or medical issues
- Inability to maintain psychiatric stabilization through outpatient treatment
Senior mental health treatment options
Our senior behavioral health services program includes therapeutic treatments designed to help patients stabilize acute symptoms and, ultimately, improve their quality of life. Inpatient treatment services are provided by an interdisciplinary treatment team and include:
- Psychiatric triage, evaluation and differential diagnosis
- Crisis intervention
- Medication stabilization
- Group therapy
- Family therapy and education
- Educational groups
- Activity therapy
- Individual psychotherapy
- Coping skills training
- Discharge planning
- Outpatient follow-up
We view family involvement in the treatment process as a vital piece of recovery. With the patient's consent, we encourage loved ones to visit during visiting hours, attend family sessions and offer input on treatment and the discharge planning process. If you are not able to be present, we encourage your participation by phone conference.