Physical rehabilitation center in Frankfort
The Rehab Center at Frankfort Regional Medical Center uses our multidisciplinary approach to rehabilitative care to combine customized, advanced inpatient and outpatient services. With treatments from highly skilled and licensed physical, occupational and speech therapists, we can help you regain function and mobility after an injury, surgery or illness.
Adult and pediatric outpatient therapy services require a physician's referral. For more information, call our Rehab Center at (502) 226-1405.
We offer therapies for adults and children of all ages and abilities in the Frankfort area. Our expertise and training helps you successfully regain independence and improve your quality of life.
Physical therapy and rehabilitation at Frankfort Regional involves education, training and support every step of the way. Patients value our:
- Advanced care with a personal touch: You benefit from a hospital-based therapy or exercise program tailored to your specific health needs.
- Individualized treatment plans: We offer dynamic, customized and one-on-one evaluation, training, therapy and performance enhancement programs.
- Certified therapists working for you: Our therapists are certified in a variety of rehabilitation practices, including specialty rehabilitation programs, lymphedema management, speech, swallowing therapy and more.
- Facilities dedicated to adult and pediatric rehabilitation care: The Rehab Center at Frankfort Regional offers the best in fitness equipment and training. We are also Frankfort's only outpatient pediatric rehabilitation facility to offer comprehensive services for infants, kids and teens.
Rehabilitation therapy programs we offer
We treat a wide range of conditions and offer services that include:
- Balance and vestibular (inner ear) therapy: Our balance assessments and training help you control dizziness, muscle coordination issues and more.
- Breast cancer rehabilitation: We use mobility, balance and strength exercises to help patients recover from breast cancer treatment or surgery.
- Lymphedema management: Led by therapists certified by the Lymphology Association of North America, our programs help restore function, reduce pain and reduce risk of infection.
- Neurological programs: We offer special programs for patients recovering from stroke treatment, brain and spinal cord injuries, multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy and other brain and nervous system conditions.
- Orthopedic and spine programs: To ease pain and improve strength and mobility before and after surgery, we offer certified hand therapy, joint replacement rehabilitation and others.
- Orthotics, assistive technology and adaptive equipment: We provide custom splints, braces and fitting for wheelchairs to help relieve pain or regain independence.
- Pain management: We offer manual therapy, integrative dry needling, electrical stimulation, ultrasound technology and heat therapy to relieve pain from injury or disease.
- Speech and language therapy: Our certified speech language pathologists offer custom programs to address voice, speech and swallowing concerns after injury, surgery or neuromuscular conditions.
- Sports injuries and prevention: To reduce muscle pain or recover from a sports injury surgery, we use gait training, conditioning for athletes, strength training and more.
- Dysphagia management: Speech therapy focuses on the retraining of muscles of the mouth and throat to restore as much of the normal swallow function as possible.
At Frankfort Regional, treatments are personalized to your needs and can include:
- Exercise instruction
- Manual therapy techniques
- Medical device instruction
- Pain management therapy
- Patient education
We also offer occupational therapy, which focuses on improving daily living activities, such as bathing, dressing, eating and home management. Our certified therapists develop plans to help you:
- Conserve energy
- Improve gross and fine motor skills
- Regain physical independence
- Strengthen upper extremities
- Learn to use assistive devices effectively
We provide a comprehensive pediatric therapy experience called "Kids in Motion" for children of all ages in a friendly treatment environment. Our pediatric care therapy staff are experienced in working with children with a wide range of functional issues, including but not limited to:
- Down syndrome
- Cerebral palsy
- Spina bifida
- Developmental delays
- Sensory integration dysfunction
- Speech and language delays
We have a pediatric gym designed specifically for children, offering private treatment rooms and provision of speech therapy services. We work closely with parents to provide techniques to use at home while providing encouragement and problem solving strategies along the way.
We believe ongoing education that involves the family and caregivers in the rehab process is key to achieving positive outcomes and helping children function at their highest level of potential at home, in school and in the community.
Our therapy location and hours
Inpatient therapy begins at the Frankfort Regional main campus and outpatient therapy can continue across the street from the hospital in Medical Heights Building.
We are open Mon - Thurs: 8am - 6pm and Fri: 8am - 4:30pm.
We also offer special hours to fit your schedule.