Specialties: Orthopaedic Surgery(502) 875-1766
Level III Trauma Center - serving you.
If you have been injured, in an accident, or are critically injured in Frankfort, KY, the specially-trained physicians, surgeons, and medical professionals at Frankfort Regional Medical Center’s Level III Trauma Center are prepared to provide you the critical attention you need.
1 of only 4 Level III Trauma Centers in Kentucky.
Our trauma team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assess and stabilize seriously injured patients. If a higher level of care is needed, we are prepared to stabilize and transfer you to a Level I or Level II Trauma Center.
Our Level III Trauma Center includes:
- Assess and stabilize seriously injured patients
- A comprehensive team of trauma trained and board certified surgeons across varying specialties
- Transfer agreements for patients requiring more comprehensive care at a Level I or Level II Trauma Center
- A comprehensive program to regularly review of our care standards based on national standards published by the American College of Surgeons and the American College of Emergency Physician
- A program to evaluate quality and provide ongoing staff education program to ensure we continue to provide high quality care to the community
- A community outreach program to help prevent injury for people in the Frankfort
- Emergency air transportation
Critical care before you arrive.
In order to provide you the highest quality care, we work closely with our Emergency Medical Services (EMS) partners. Our EMS partners can rapidly evaluate you and determine the appropriate diagnosis, and determine the best place for you to receive continued trauma care.
Our EMS partners have knowledge and experience in trauma care that allows them to make split-second life-saving decisions that prepares you to be cared for at Frankfort Regional Medical Center. In most cases, the EMS staff and our trauma team are communicating and preparing for your arrival.
If you or someone you know is experiencing an emergency always call 911 first.
If you aren’t certain about a critical care situation, you can contact a nurse, 24 hours a day, by phone at 877-376-2631.