Lung cancer care in Frankfort, Kentucky
Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer deaths in men and women, claiming more lives than colon, breast and prostate cancers combined. Frankfort Regional Medical Center provides comprehensive services for the screening, diagnosis and treatment of lung cancer.
For more information about our lung cancer care services, please call (877) 376-2631.
You'll benefit from some of the most advanced lung cancer services in central Kentucky, including:
- Multiple early and accurate screening options for those at risk of lung cancer
- Prompt diagnosis and effective treatment that improves outcomes
- Advanced lung and thoracic surgery by our experienced surgeons
Lung cancer diagnosis and treatment
Early detection remains the key to better outcomes. To assess your risk for lung or thoracic cancer, take advantage of screenings offered at Frankfort Regional. The lung cancer screening includes a low-dose computed tomography (CT) scan and if indicated, an appointment with one of our lung or thoracic specialists.
In addition to CT scanning, we offer advanced technologies to diagnose lung cancer, including magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), positron emission tomography (PET) and radioactive isotope techniques.
If lung cancer is detected, you can be confident you can receive comprehensive treatment at our on-site cancer center.
You may be a candidate for lung cancer screening if you meet one or more of the following criteria:
- You are between 50 and 80 years old
- You are a current smoker or former smoker that quit within 15 years
- You have a 20 or more "pack year" history of smoking (a 20 pack-per-year smoking history refers to someone who has smoked a pack of cigarettes a day for the last 20 years or two packs a day for the past 10 years)