Gastrointestinal (GI) care in Frankfort, Kentucky
At Frankfort Regional Medical Center, our gastroenterologists focus on providing you comprehensive, specialized care for your digestive health, including diagnostic testing, outpatient procedures and more.
To learn more about our GI care and services, please call (877) 376-2631.
Endoscopy is a means of looking inside the body using a long, flexible tube with a camera for any signs of disease or abnormality. The tube is inserted into the body, and the camera transmits images to a monitor for evaluation. The tip of the endoscopy tube can also be outfitted with medical tools to take tissue samples, stop bleeding and perform other medical procedures.
Our Endoscopy Center specializes in the examination of the digestive tract and lungs. Our team of experienced healthcare professionals provides highly individualized care using modern, high-tech specialty skills and certification.
To schedule an appointment at our Endoscopy Center, please call (502) 875-7000.
Digestive health services we offer
Our center provides the following outpatient procedures:
- Bronchoscopy: This test uses a scope that is passed through the mouth or nose to view the airways and diagnose lung disease.
- Colonoscopy: An internal examination of the colon (large intestine) using an instrument called a colonoscope.
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP): A procedure that is used to identify stones, tumors or narrowing in the bile ducts through an endoscope.
- Epogen injection: An injection that stimulates red blood cell production.
- Gastroscope: An examination of the lining of the esophagus, stomach and upper duodenum using a small camera (flexible endoscope), which is inserted down the throat.
Transrectal ultrasound with prostate biopsy: An ultrasound probe that is used to screen for prostate cancer, in addition to treatment and biopsy.