Frankfort Regional Medical Center has earned this distinction from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC). For patients, this means the highest level of care starts from the onset of symptoms. Everyone from emergency dispatchers to catheterization lab techs to hospital discharge staff is involved in your care. Following the model set by the SCPC, Frankfort Regional plans and organizes the delivery of care in this proven systematic manner.
What is a Chest Pain Center?
A chest pain center earns its accreditation through an evaluation of the care surrounding the treatment of patients who present symptoms of a heart attack. The Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care evaluates healthcare organizations for their response to chest pain patients. This means our ER is always:
- Integrating the emergency department with the local emergency medical system
- Assessing, diagnosing, and treating patients quickly
- Effectively treating patients at low risk for acute coronary syndrome and no assignable cause for their symptoms
- Continually seeking to improve processes and procedures
- Ensuring the competence and training of Accredited Chest Pain Center personnel
- Maintaining organizational structure and commitment
- Constructing a functional design that promotes optimal patient care
- Supporting community outreach programs that educate the public to promptly seek medical care if they display symptoms of a possible heart attack
Quality Care Means Better Outcomes
Earning this accreditation ensures that Frankfort Regional Medical Center meets or exceeds quality-of-care measures based on improving the process for the care of acute coronary syndrome (ACS) patients. It means our medical staff has the best tools, advanced technology and level of expertise to care for your emergency.